Miscellaneous > Non Char-Broil Equipment Posts Smokers

Master Forge Smoker

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bobo:
Sacman, those look great.  I love my Master Forge.  It is the first "Smoker" I ever owned.  I used to be just a griller, you know, the occasional burger or whatever on weekends, but after I got my TBE I found this community and after talking with everyone I got the bug and eventually added the smoker and the RED and started to learn how to use them.

The Master Forge is pretty great.  It holds the temp pretty steady and the gauge on the door is pretty accurate.  I have tested it by putting an oven Thermometer on the grates and they pretty much match up.  Low and slow is pretty easy but I have also used it on higher temps as an outdoor oven. I have not had any problems with it at all.  Any mess ups were my own, not the smokers.  Only problem really, is finding a good cover for it.  Every one I have tried has been cut up by the sharp corners.
I wish yoiu many happy smokes  8).

Okiegirl:
Sacman, Beautiful smoker! 
I was gonna say "Pretty smoker - now get it dirty!" but I didn't get here in time.) ;)

All the meats look great, especially the chicken - I'm drooling!
Great job of breaking it in!  :)

muebe:
Another great cook on your new smoker sacman! Those ribs look great ;D

Just a friendly tip for people with this type of smoker. Sometimes the built-in guage will not be accurate because the temperature above the meat will be lower than below the meat. If you are using a dual-probe digital thermometer it is best to place the cabinet probe just below the meat that is being smoked. There can be up to a 50F degree difference between the built-in thermometer and the digital because the meat is absorbing some of the cabinet heat. If you adjust your smoker using the built-in guage to say 220F and it is above the meat you might be actaully smoking at 280F. For this reason I never use the built-in thermometer and rely on a digital thermometer with the probe below the meat instead....

Bobo:

--- Quote from: muebe on 04/04/11 10:22:08 ---Another great cook on your new smoker sacman! Those ribs look great ;D

Just a friendly tip for people with this type of smoker. Sometimes the built-in guage will not be accurate because the temperature above the meat will be lower than below the meat. If you are using a dual-probe digital thermometer it is best to place the cabinet probe just below the meat that is being smoked. There can be up to a 50F degree difference between the built-in thermometer and the digital because the meat is absorbing some of the cabinet heat. If you adjust your smoker using the built-in guage to say 220F and it is above the meat you might be actaully smoking at 280F. For this reason I never use the built-in thermometer and rely on a digital thermometer with the probe below the meat instead....

--- End quote ---
I rarely smoke enough meat at one time to fill the whole cabinet up, just 2 or 3 racks, so I usually put the meat I am smoking on the highest shelves possible so the meat actually ends up near the built in thermometer, and I also use one or two oven thermometers that I leave on the grates next to the meat, and a remote therm. in the meat itself.  So far the built in gauge has been pretty good.  I am planning on getting one of the two probe therms. you are talking about that lets you remotely watch the smoker temp. and the meat, but not sure which one to get. The one in Sacman's pics looks like one but not sure which model.  Also want it to be good for high temps so I can use it on my RED and in my TBE without destroying it.

smokeasaurus:
Great looking ribs. Looks like you got that new rig handled!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version