Author Topic: Pork Loin Cook Time  (Read 11690 times)

ralmand

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
Pork Loin Cook Time
« on: 01/14/10 13:55:58 »
I just assembled my Big Easy and want to cook a pork loin this weekend. How long should a 3.5-4 lb. pork loin take to cook? Thanks in advance for any assistance 
 :)

TMB

Re: Pork Loin Cook Time
« Reply #1 on: 01/14/10 14:02:26 »
Figure 10 min's per lb, BUT it's not done till it reaches 160 IT temp. I would start looking at temp real close around the 35 min mark then go from there.

Good luck and don't forget to season the unit. 

OBTW welcome to the forum!

Barry

« Reply #2 on: 01/14/10 15:55:46 »
it will be over done. 

It's all subjective taste and desires...best thing about grilling is we are all the head chef of our kitchens!

I cook my pork tenderloin so it's a bit pink in the middle - some folks are scared of that!

ralmand

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
« Reply #3 on: 01/14/10 17:27:53 »
I too like my pork a little pink. Thanks to all of you for your input. I wanted to find out out about how long per lb. it would take so I would know when to cook it. I have a GREAT rub mixture that I came up with and I am going to try it. I have smoked my pork in the past, but am looking forward to giving TBE a try! Thanks again! 

TMB

« Reply #4 on: 01/14/10 17:32:26 »
I too like my pork a little pink. Thanks to all of you for your input. I wanted to find out out about how long per lb. it would take so I would know when to cook it. I have a GREAT rub mixture that I came up with and I am going to try it. I have smoked my pork in the past, but am looking forward to giving TBE a try! Thanks again! 
Just make sure the sugar content is very low or the rub will burn very fast in infrared!

Barry

« Reply #5 on: 01/14/10 17:52:32 »
Tastier than the oven and more moisture.

That's the 'juicy little secret' of infrared.

Lostarrow

« Reply #6 on: 01/14/10 18:02:10 »
OK gang, you are more likely to get hit by a meteorite than get trichinosis from domestic pork. However never eat wild or home raised pork less than "well done".

Toast

• Jr. Member - has grilled a steak almost perfectly - I said "almost."
« Reply #7 on: 01/14/10 19:01:25 »
OK gang, you are more likely to get hit by a meteorite than get trichinosis from domestic pork. However never eat wild or home raised pork less than "well done".

I'm a 170 degree guy. Just sayn'...  ;)
Charbroil Big Easy
Weber Spirit S-320 Gas Grill
Weber Smokey Mountain
Wife 1956 Model

Barry

« Reply #8 on: 01/14/10 19:04:14 »
One of the interesting results of grilling with infrared, especially in TBE where it is suspended and not simultaneously cooking on hot metal grates (sear marks) is that you can cook a bit beyond the medium stage for most meat and it will still be juicy....

Only when you really REALLY cook it too long does it begin to dry out - so a Medium or Medium-Well steak can, indeed, be juicy. 

rdelemos

« Reply #9 on: 01/14/10 20:15:05 »
Thank you, i thought i was crazy because i don't like to see red when i eat pork

TMB

« Reply #10 on: 01/14/10 20:21:13 »
Well, I pull mine at 160 if the wife was to see red then I would see red in her eyes!   ::)