Author Topic: What are the chains on the sides for?  (Read 8110 times)

Blackdog

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
What are the chains on the sides for?
« on: 09/11/08 15:12:03 »
I just finished assembling my 3 burner RED. Each side has a chain hanging down. I find no reference anywhere of what this is for. I did convert my grill to use natural gas, so I thought it was something for using LP. Any way, I am still wondering what these chains are for.

Barry

Re: What are the chains on the sides for?
« Reply #1 on: 09/11/08 16:23:28 »
These little chains also have a funny metal little rod with curly twists at each end. They are "match" holders to manually light the grill.  If you have a failure of the battery that powers the ignition switch, place a match in the curly end and then light it with another - it slides into the side of the grill under the shelf and near the burner where the gas may be turned on and lit.  Use caution and always a good idea to a) have someone assist & b) practice it a couple of times so you know what to do if the need every arises.  - CB

Blackdog

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
« Reply #2 on: 09/12/08 11:45:02 »
Thanks for the quick reply. With your information, I did find the reference (and picture) in the product guide under manual lighting. I have not finished my natural gas connection yet, so I have not tried lighting it yet or looked at that part of the guide. Thanks a lot!

Barry

« Reply #3 on: 09/12/08 15:24:39 »
You got the natural gas conversion kit, correct?

If this is your first time to use NG, then please do check with your local utility to ensure you have things set up properly - sometimes the pressure, etc. can be problematic. Also make sure you have all the proper clearances with the building codes.

Let us know how everything works out!  - C
B