Author Topic: Wing Rack  (Read 3199 times)

stscards1

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
Wing Rack
« on: 01/30/11 07:57:56 »
Need some help I see several post about wings, but I would like to know which rack to buy to get the most wings in the big easy at once. Any advice on racks easy out, leg, half which would be best and how many do I need? Also whats the most you have cooked at once. By the way this thing is great two turkeys, two hams, two whole chickens all very good. Tried a rib roast not the best but probally my fault need some practice. Thanks in advance.

TwoPockets

Re: Wing Rack
« Reply #1 on: 01/30/11 08:49:18 »
Welcome to the forum. I have two of the easy out racks and two sets of the half racks. I used them all last night to cook 5 pounds of chicken wings in 4 layers in TBE. It was a bit of a chore to get them in but I layered them as easy out rack, half racks, easy out rack, half racks and was able to get them to fit. I think the half racks are being discontinued and the half leg racks will work in their place. There are racks sized to fit The Big Easy and to fit the Smoker Roaster Grill.

Here is a link:

http://www.charbroil.com/Specialty/2066/Leg-Racks-for-The-Big-Easy-Turkey-Fryer.aspx?pl=&k=D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E&pid=22

deestafford

• Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • Augusta, GA
« Reply #2 on: 01/30/11 10:19:42 »
stscards1,  Wecome to the community.  Cooking wings in TBE/SRG are fantastic eats.  My favorite rack for cooking wings is the leg racks. If you're using TBE you can get 7 wings as a minimum on each half of the leg racks.They come in sets of 2.  I don't have the leg racks for the SRG but they may have a couple of mor slots. I think with 3 sets of leg racks you can do alot of wings.  Additionally the leg racks can be used for chicken legs, and substitute as half racks. Don't forget to spray with Pam on any of your racks.  Look forward to hearing how things come out.  Dee
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

CaptJack

• BBQ All-Star Potential - really getting obsessed with this outdoor cooking thing
« Reply #3 on: 01/30/11 11:07:12 »
and as we learned last week the "leg racks" are the only half shelves available now
as they replace all earlier shelf/rack models

stscards1

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
« Reply #4 on: 01/30/11 17:19:42 »
Thanks everybody, anyone else before I make this purchase.

drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
  • Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet
    • Green Cleaning for Dummies
« Reply #5 on: 01/30/11 17:42:16 »
Welcome stscards1 -and Dee & Capt Jack covered it perfectly. The leg racks are excellent "multi-taskers" allow the max number of wings per rack and as Jack says - the only game in town right now. So, I'd say - go for it! Oh, and be sure to tell us about your cooks and attach pictures if you can - Happy cooking!
David
Char-Broil SRG
Char-Broil ICE G2G
Char-Broil 500X
Char-Broil 32" Electric Smoker
Char-Broil MPC w/ 22" Discada
Weber Performer Charcoal Grill
Pit Barrel Cooker
Blackstone Commercial Outdoor Flat Top
Lodge Cast Iron Hibachi
Fire Pit
Chimenea
Hunk of Pink Salt

deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #6 on: 01/30/11 22:23:22 »
stscards1,  As long as you're ordering I'd order the kabob holder/rack or whatever it's called.  I'd also order the rubs and seasonings.  You can't go wrong with them either.  Dee
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

IR2dum

• Sr. Member - cooked it, smoked it, grilled it, ate it and knows what's what.
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #7 on: 02/09/11 16:55:36 »
MubMegusy, that's easy for you to say.
Charbroil CB940
Charbroil  outdoor LP grill
misc. rib racks, vegetable trays, and gadgets
Prized possession - hot dog roller that attaches to my rotisserie
New Braunfels offset smoker
TBE