Author Topic: Ham in the Big Easy  (Read 5320 times)

Mike G

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
Ham in the Big Easy
« on: 04/23/11 21:00:44 »
Can it be done? I have a 8# ham to cook for tomorrow. Its pre-cooked but I'm not sure whether to try it out in the big easy or leave the job to the oven. Do you think the Big Easy is too hot to warm the center before the outside burns?
Mike G
Weber Genesis Silver B
Weber One-Touch Silver 22.5"
Char-Broil The Big Easy (TBE)

deestafford

• Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • Augusta, GA
Re: Ham in the Big Easy
« Reply #1 on: 04/23/11 21:18:28 »
Mike G,  There have  been a number of hams cooked in TBE and there will be many more tomorrow.  Do some searching on the various threads under The Big Easy and you will find a number of them all the way back to last year.  Dee
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Mike G

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
« Reply #2 on: 04/23/11 21:28:15 »
Thanks Dee, I'm usually good at finding the information I need but for some reason when I typed TBE & Ham in the search bar, nothing came up. Now that I try it again, I see what you're talking about. Strange...
Mike G
Weber Genesis Silver B
Weber One-Touch Silver 22.5"
Char-Broil The Big Easy (TBE)

deestafford

• Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • Augusta, GA
« Reply #3 on: 04/24/11 00:56:14 »
Mike,  I know how you feel.  I have problems with that search thing also.  It's the only weakness I think we have.  Try  clicking on home and scroll down to cooking pork in TBE and that maybe a good start. I'm cooking a spirial ham tomorrow and here's what I'm gonna do.. I'll put some of the glaze between some of the spirials.  Put some mustard on the outside and then put a rub on it.  At this time I could put it in TBE or put it in the smoker.  I'm going to smoke it for awhile and then finish it off in TBE.  Don't know how it's going to come out.  That's why I bought some hotdogs and hamberger meat.  I do want to make sure I don't have any glaze on the outside of the ham so it would burn in TBE.  I may put some on it a few minutes before I take it out of TBE.  The reason I'm putting it in TBE is to crisp it up even more.  Dee
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #4 on: 04/24/11 01:00:08 »
Mike, go to CharBroil.com/recipe/index or something like that and click on pork and then scrool down to CB's ham in TBE.  Dee
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers