Author Topic: Electric Big Easy smoker?  (Read 5557 times)

Tinnmel

• Sr. Member - cooked it, smoked it, grilled it, ate it and knows what's what.
  • Portsmouth, VA
Electric Big Easy smoker?
« on: 08/06/11 08:26:16 »
I just saw on the CB website a new electric SRG.  Has 15 preset temps so you can get low and slow (supposedly).  Also automatically shuts off at 30 min on clean.  That's nice.  When I burn off my SRG, I sometimes forget its out there burning away.

***Just looked at the site again.  It's not an SRG.  No grill.  Just a smoker, roaster.  Electric SR.***

« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:07:17 by Barry "CB" Martin »

deestafford

• Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • Augusta, GA
« Reply #1 on: 08/06/11 10:53:32 »
My guess is the folks from Char Broil will show some here-to-fore unseen stuff at the Fall Gathering.  Dee
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:07:27 by Barry "CB" Martin »
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

TwoPockets

« Reply #2 on: 08/06/11 14:21:25 »
Now that is interesting. It looks like it comes with 2 sets of half racks and also a digital food thermometer and probe that you can read without opening the lid. I would guess you could put an SRG grill on the top and grill if it gets hot enough. Dang Char-Broil, they are gong to cause me to get a divorce.

electric smoker/roaster:

http://www.charbroil.com/ProductInfo/54-95-2087/The-Big-Easy-Electric-Infrared-Smoker.aspx

parts list:

http://www.charbroil.com/Parts/2087/The-Big-Easy-Electric-Infrared-Smoker.aspx

« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:07:38 by Barry "CB" Martin »

mr jig

• i'm the vertical one.
« Reply #3 on: 08/06/11 14:29:21 »
If i didn't have a big electric Cookshack smoker i'd get that smoker roaster in a heartbeat!
Thanks for the link.
dick.
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:07:53 by Barry "CB" Martin »

TwoPockets

« Reply #4 on: 08/06/11 14:39:49 »
Hey Barry... what forum discounts apply? Not that I am greedy, well yes I am. If Char-Broil needs anyone to put it through any torture tests I am your man. I am jonesing bad for a smoker since my trusty Char-Broil H2O electric smoker bit the dust. I was about to pull the trigger on the 30" electric till I read about the door problems, now this one comes up. I am guessing the rib hooks would work good in this also.

Somebody buy one quick and tell us how it cooks!
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:08:07 by Barry "CB" Martin »

onneeye

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
« Reply #5 on: 08/07/11 07:44:34 »
I wonder whats the low and high temp you can reach on this one. If CB offers a discount on this unit. I'll get one for sure. I need a new smoker.
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:08:20 by Barry "CB" Martin »

deestafford

• Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • Augusta, GA
« Reply #6 on: 08/07/11 07:57:40 »
Ken, You're not that far from Columbus.  You ought to make a run over there and pickup what all you need and that way you'll be able to have the door and all right there.  I'm sure they'll put it together for you.  And while you'll there you can talk yourself up and maybe they will give you some stuff and make you a field taster.  Tell them you are a member of the forum and how much you love their products etc that you just had to come over and see them in person :-* :-* :-*.  It's funny (perculiar) that we don't have anyone on the forum living in Columbus.  Dee
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:08:30 by Barry "CB" Martin »
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Cuda1965

• Jr. Member - has grilled a steak almost perfectly - I said "almost."
« Reply #7 on: 08/07/11 08:16:04 »
I pulled the trigger and ordered one. I was able to use one of the discount codes (25% with free shipping). Hopefully they're actually in stock and not back ordered.
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:08:41 by Barry "CB" Martin »
TBE
BEESR
4 Burner Red
Chargriller Trio

TwoPockets

« Reply #8 on: 08/07/11 12:45:47 »
Ken, You're not that far from Columbus.  You ought to make a run over there and pickup what all you need and that way you'll be able to have the door and all right there.  I'm sure they'll put it together for you.  And while you'll there you can talk yourself up and maybe they will give you some stuff and make you a field taster.  Tell them you are a member of the forum and how much you love their products etc that you just had to come over and see them in person :-* :-* :-*.  It's funny (perculiar) that we don't have anyone on the forum living in Columbus.  Dee

Dee I was watching a BBQ show on TV yesterday and one of the segments was about how Americans are using more gas grills now and they were showing the manufacturing and assembly plant in Columbus. I hit the info button on the remote and the segment was from 2005, about the time all manufacturing was moved to China.
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:08:52 by Barry "CB" Martin »

onneeye

« Reply #9 on: 08/07/11 15:15:18 »
According to one of CB Chat rep. The temp range is between 150 to 600. Wow. This is what I'm looking for. Going to wait for a review first before buying this.
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:09:03 by Barry "CB" Martin »

mr jig

• i'm the vertical one.
« Reply #10 on: 08/07/11 15:22:06 »
100 to 600 would surpass versatility wise, anything i am aware of at any price.
Have you a substantiating link?
Thanks.
dick
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:09:18 by Barry "CB" Martin »

onneeye

« Reply #11 on: 08/07/11 15:50:57 »
No substantiating link. It was a live chat with CB. I was browsing there online store and there chat line pop up asking if I had any question. So I ask them about the temp range on the electric SRG. That the info I got.

« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:09:29 by Barry "CB" Martin »

deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #12 on: 08/07/11 16:01:17 »
Ken, You're right, but they will have a big warehouse full of stuff and who knows how they'll recieve a key member of SOTG family.  Dee
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:09:39 by Barry "CB" Martin »
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers

TMB

« Reply #13 on: 08/08/11 15:41:56 »
Looks like a Mini-Me versoin of the SRG..   ???

Cute
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:09:50 by Barry "CB" Martin »

Cuda1965

• Jr. Member - has grilled a steak almost perfectly - I said "almost."
« Reply #14 on: 08/08/11 18:44:40 »
I got the email that it is backordered and now they don't offer the option to buy it online.
« Last Edit: 08/10/11 16:10:04 by Barry "CB" Martin »
TBE
BEESR
4 Burner Red
Chargriller Trio