Author Topic: Who make a good quality grill cover?  (Read 7693 times)

paul325740

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
Who make a good quality grill cover?
« on: 08/08/11 18:22:22 »
I bought Red 3 burners with CB cover($50) 2 weeks ago. We had a heavy rain last week about 2 days here. I just found some rust spot around firebox this morning. I saw some water inside U. I asked my neihbor that has Weber cover on his Weber grill. He told me that he never has this problem at all. I just wondering what kind and brand of grill cover you guys use for red.

thank you so much ( try to protect my baby )
 :'(

jerr7

• Jr. Member - has grilled a steak almost perfectly - I said "almost."
Re: Who make a good quality grill cover?
« Reply #1 on: 08/08/11 18:27:10 »
Paul i got the best WEBER BBQ cover and had for 3 years its tough and great. I have the Genis grill and thats about the biggest you can get. I have the TBE as well and bought the weber for that size it works as well for that
jerry

paul325740

« Reply #2 on: 08/08/11 19:14:49 »
Paul i got the best WEBER BBQ cover and had for 3 years its tough and great. I have the Genis grill and thats about the biggest you can get. I have the TBE as well and bought the weber for that size it works as well for that
jerry
do you have a dimension of your cover by any chance?

Red 3 buners Grill  is 57x23.5x45.5

thank you

deestafford

• Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • Augusta, GA
« Reply #3 on: 08/08/11 20:56:49 »
I have a hvy dty cover I got from Lowe's 2 1/2 years or so ago and it works well.  It's the two tone beige one.  Dee
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Ka Honu

• BBQ All-Star Potential - really getting obsessed with this outdoor cooking thing
« Reply #4 on: 08/08/11 21:01:40 »
I bought this one (size Large) from Amazon for my 3-burner RED about 13 months ago.  It's the best I've seen, especially for the price.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

paul325740

« Reply #5 on: 08/08/11 21:17:50 »
I bought this one (size Large) from Amazon for my 3-burner RED about 13 months ago.  It's the best I've seen, especially for the price.

it's looking good and great reviews. I will check it out..any problem with vents?

thank you

deestafford

• Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • Augusta, GA
« Reply #6 on: 08/08/11 22:13:03 »
From looking at the cover the Turtle got from Amazon,  two things stand out: First, is the heavy duty draw string/cord vs nylon sting on many others and second, the extra work that went into making the vents.  It appears to be one of the best ones I've seen and appears to be no cost cutting corners taken.  Dee
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Ka Honu

• BBQ All-Star Potential - really getting obsessed with this outdoor cooking thing
« Reply #7 on: 08/08/11 22:56:02 »
OBTW, I also bought the round one of the same brand for the SRG and am very pleased with both.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

LostArrow

« Reply #8 on: 08/09/11 01:03:26 »
I bought the same one ( thanks to paul's rec & have been pleased.
Two theory's bout grill covers, watertight, & vented .
The vented theory allows water to evaporate out, the water tight tries to not let water in.
I have a Q220 & weber cover ,vented, & in a heavy rain water gets in , but it will dry out.

Johnny

• Declared Honorary Southern by the grace of God
  • Sr. Member - cooked it, smoked it, grilled it, ate it and knows what's what.
« Reply #9 on: 08/09/11 04:54:45 »
I too have the same one that KH recommends.  It is a nice cover.  It has been bleached by the sun but it is still soft and pliable.  Another cover I had before would have already been dried out and cracking.  My RED sits on the back patio where there is no shade.  I give it two thumbs up.
3 burner red Char-Broil RED
obligatory Weber kettle
3 burner CharBroil Commercial (RIP)

paul325740

« Reply #10 on: 08/10/11 00:17:11 »
It was rain again last night. I went to check out my RED this morning with CB cover. My RED had water in U,the cabinet, side burner  :'(. I will return this CB cover tomorrow. The cover from Amazon that turtle recomend is on the way. I will post pictures update.

thank you

Phil

• Full Member - grills & smokes like someone who knows what they are doin.
    • www.instantgourmetspices.com
« Reply #11 on: 11/17/11 06:14:42 »
I purchased CB's grill cover and am very satisfied. Nice looking as well.
Char-broil 4 burner RED
Char-broil SRG
Large Big Green Egg
Pit Barrell Cooker

Beach Griller

• Jr. Member - has grilled a steak almost perfectly - I said "almost."
« Reply #12 on: 11/17/11 07:24:31 »
The cover has nothing to do with the rust, or very little.  Your Char Broil grill made with 400 series stainless steel is always going to rust much more aggressively than your neighbor's Weber made with 300 series stainless steel.

kennyG

• Alabama
« Reply #13 on: 11/18/11 08:20:47 »
I bought the one Ka Hanu linked above from Amazon.com.  I am completely taken aback about how good it is.  It is the best one I have ever had experience with!

Jaxon

• Sr. Member - cooked it, smoked it, grilled it, ate it and knows what's what.
  • Ain't God Good!
« Reply #14 on: 11/19/11 12:00:14 »
Thanks to The big Ka Huna I found the right grill cover for my Q 4.
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-73922-Cart-Style-Barbecue/dp/B000HCR89W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321586482&sr=8-1

I got the Xtral-large listed at $48.00 on sale for $37.00.  Shipping was FREE and they got it here in 2 days.(surprised me)  I had a 1846 points on my Amazon Card which gave me a credit of $18.46 so I wound up paying a little over $18.00 for this cover which has a 3 year warranty.

Below are the pics of the old cover and the new:
Come to see us in Middle GA --
CB, Dee, Tommy, L A, and now IR2Dum
have been here.
Less than 5 miles off I-75.
We'll be glad you did!