Author Topic: EASY-OUT HINGED BASKET  (Read 2293 times)

CBinSC

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
EASY-OUT HINGED BASKET
« on: 06/25/09 14:53:05 »
CB:

Just received my new hinged basket and it has four prongs sticking up from the bottom.  Was this a design for things like spuds?

CBinSc

Barry

Re: EASY-OUT HINGED BASKET
« Reply #1 on: 06/25/09 15:20:11 »
These center posts really help 'center' whole chickens, turkeys and roasts. The more 'equa-distant' or centered meat is in the cooking chamber, the more evenly it will be bombarded by the infrared energy being emitted from the sides and more predictable and even it should cook.

CBinSC

« Reply #2 on: 06/25/09 17:39:26 »
Thanks, i was just courious.  Pre-treated my BE this afternoon.  Couldn't get the ignition to light the gas.  Could see the spark and could light by hand but not with the swithch.  So guess my next stop will be customer service.  Thanks again, Carl.

Barry

« Reply #3 on: 06/25/09 17:46:53 »
That's a good first stop.  I've had that problem and corrected it by playing with the way the valve nozzle was inserted into the feeder tube on the burner.  Seems that if it's not aligned (an easy thing to no get right! - I've already complained to the product manager) the gas can come into the burner tube so fast it won't light.

The other thing is the electrode can be a bit mis-aligned and for some reason won't light.

That's one good reason there is the key-hole on the side for inserting a match or such.

Anyone else have this problem and come up with a better or different solution??

CBinSC

« Reply #4 on: 06/25/09 20:34:43 »
CB:

I will tip the BE upsidedown tomorrow and see if there is a possibility of nonalignment.  There are three screws holding the unit in place; two in slots and one in anchor hole.  Doesn't look like much room for mistake.  However, the gas did seem to be coming in faster than it could ignite.  Also, seems like TMB was asking a question about "hot" or "cold" spot(s).  I noticed after the first seasoning I had a spot at the bottom of the drum that was a different color of burn right where the gas tube begins and ends.  There is a hole for the tube in the drum.  I seasoned again, rotated the drum, and burned for 15 min. and there it was again, right in the tube entrance area.  Don't know how much this will/would affect things; but there was a difference.

TMB

« Reply #5 on: 06/25/09 22:37:33 »
If you will look at this thread you will see I started using a steel ring.    1st it gets the basket off the bottom by 3 in's so no more dead spot to worry about. 2nd I'm able to put wook chips/pellets around it so they catch faster and burn completely up with out getting ash in my drip/oil pan.
Also Mr.Jig has a good idea by rotating the basket during the cook you will keep from having cool spots on the food.

http://forums.charbroil.com/index.php?topic=430.msg4054#msg4054