Author Topic: Pulled Pork in TBE no smoking at all....  (Read 6613 times)

Pam Gould

Re: Pulled Pork in TBE no smoking at all....
« Reply #30 on: 02/24/12 12:15:14 »
I'm thinking they are gonna eat real good while they are here..I just made Italian beef too....good stuff. I live for leftovers.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Bobo

• Home Town: Clarksville, TN
  • Sr. Member - cooked it, smoked it, grilled it, ate it and knows what's what.
« Reply #31 on: 02/25/12 03:13:23 »
Has anybody tried making he italian beef by adding beer or wine to the crock pot instead of or in addition to the water???
My heroes are Jesus and John Wayne
The Big Easy Oilless Turkey Fryer
The Big Easy Gas Grill
Master Forge 2 Door Vertical Gas Smoker
Charbroil 3 burner/2 Trough RED (red) X 2
Big Easy Electric Smoker/Roaster (BEESR)

Pam Gould

« Reply #32 on: 02/25/12 08:09:28 »
Bobo..I slice beef on slicer..then then add Louie's Italian Beef seasoning packet and 1 bottle of Pepperoncini peppers only. Most excellent..put it in crock pot about 8 hours till done. Then good crusty bread or buns. Eat. I might have a pic here..let me look. This is the start..no after pics. Pam .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

ace6949

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
« Reply #33 on: 03/03/12 12:38:55 »
Boston butts are my favorite cut to cook in TBE.  I use the same method every time and everyone that tries it says its the best pulled pork they've ever had.  All of my butts are 7.5 - 8.5 lbs and I do two at a time with the hanging rack.  Mustard rubbed on the outside prior to seasoning after its set out a while to come close to room temp.  Season 'em up and throw them in TBE with a thermo in the top one.  Once they hit 190 (about 3 hrs doing 2 butts, depends on outside temp), I take them out, double wrap in foil, and put them in an ice chest stuffed with towels.  That helps to mimic the low and slow method because there is very little heat loss.  I leave them in there for at least 3 hours before taking them out to cool a little bit before pulling. During the 3 hrs it basically cooks itself and the end result is amazing!
(2) TBE
(2) G2G Ice
4 Burner Char Quantum Commercial

Phil

• Full Member - grills & smokes like someone who knows what they are doin.
    • www.instantgourmetspices.com
« Reply #34 on: 03/03/12 15:54:38 »
Bobo... I made Italian beef in a crock pot for Super Bowl.  Sliced up red and yellow peppers, onions, lots of garlic and a bottle of the Greek peppers.  Used Louie's packet but instead of water I used a rich red wine and a little water.  Browned the chuck roast and put in the pot including the scrappings from the iron skillet.  Cooked over night and in the morning, forked the meat into shreds. Then I let simmer all day to reduce the liquid.  Served on Amaroso rolls.  It was a hit.   Phil
Char-broil 4 burner RED
Char-broil SRG
Large Big Green Egg
Pit Barrell Cooker

Bobo

« Reply #35 on: 03/04/12 01:21:03 »
everyones methods sound great - Phil - the wine and your method of reducing the liquid and browning the meat all sounds great. 

I did use a beer in the crock.  I used a bottle of hefeweizen.  Tasted great.
The Big Easy Gas Grill

Barry

« Reply #36 on: 03/06/12 12:31:13 »
bobo --- I see that you used a bottle of hefeweizen...but what kind of beer did you put in the crock pot?   ;D

Bobo

« Reply #37 on: 03/06/12 17:40:58 »
bobo --- I see that you used a bottle of hefeweizen...but what kind of beer did you put in the crock pot?   ;D
The hefe went into the crockpot, the black lager went in the crackpot  ;),
The Big Easy Gas Grill