Author Topic: Help me decide... Keep Oiless TF or Go for SRG?  (Read 1797 times)

Saber-licious

• Newbie - still lookin' for matches
After reading this thread some more, I'm trying to figure out if I should 1) Keep my BNIB (purchased in January for ~$40 during a Home Depot clearout) or 2) Take advantage of Char-Broil's generous 25% discount and go with a SRG and sell the Oiless locally.

Want to "fry" (and simultaneously smoke) turkeys, use it as a smoker for ribs... and have flexibility to explore "frying" and/or smoking all sorts of meats. If the TBE TF using a Tommy Ring is gonna suit me just fine, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

deestafford

• Official Char-Broil BBQ All-Star - so knows that he/she doesn't know much at all
  • Augusta, GA
Re: Help me decide... Keep Oiless TF or Go for SRG?
« Reply #1 on: 07/13/12 11:09:43 »
Go with the SRG.  You get TBE and more.  In my opinion it is the most versitile cooker made. Look at Michael's post reference what to get with the SRG and then link and look at the stackable oven you can also add.  It's the difference between having a two blade pocket knife and a 12 function Swiss Army knife.  Don't get me wrong...the Big Easy is a great, great cooker ( I have one) but the SRG is just a improved, souped up version.  Dee
5 Burner Quantum
2 SRGs
1 TBE
1 MES
2 Bayou Fryers
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and may lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

TMB

« Reply #2 on: 07/13/12 11:10:21 »
SRG.....    I have two of them and looking to add one or two more to the line up.

They are that good plus you can grill on them win win!

get you one

RedRocks

• Full Member - grills & smokes like someone who knows what they are doin.
  • Four Corners, USA
« Reply #3 on: 07/13/12 11:24:19 »
I had to choose between the two - I went with the SRG.  No regrets!

~Frank
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

sparky

• Jr. Member - has grilled a steak almost perfectly - I said "almost."
« Reply #4 on: 07/13/12 11:31:44 »
i just ordered my SRG.  i'm so happy.   :) :D ;D
Lucile, Mak 2 Star #336
Hazel, HB Gourmet Sparky Style (no glass)
Ursula, UDS
Sally, charbroil SRG
Mak 1 Stars #63 (4 sale)

Saber-licious

« Reply #5 on: 07/13/12 15:03:57 »
Thanks guys. I'll try to get Home Depot to take it back (after looking for the receipt, it was actually $70, not $40 - my memory is fading) and get the SRG.  I was worried you were going to tell me that TBE OF "fried" turkeys better than the SRG so I'd be compelled to keep the TBE OF as well as buy the SRG.

BTW thanks for being able to read through my incompleteness. I noticed my option 1 didn't specify what BNIB item I was keeping.

TMB

« Reply #6 on: 07/13/12 15:11:19 »
Thanks guys. I'll try to get Home Depot to take it back (after looking for the receipt, it was actually $70, not $40 - my memory is fading) and get the SRG.  I was worried you were going to tell me that TBE OF "fried" turkeys better than the SRG so I'd be compelled to keep the TBE OF as well as buy the SRG.

BTW thanks for being able to read through my incompleteness. I noticed my option 1 didn't specify what BNIB item I was keeping.
I'd keep both!  LOL   While using one for turkey you can do corn, cornbread or any othe side dish in TBE  ;)

oasisjb

« Reply #7 on: 01/02/13 20:12:37 »
how does one get a 25% discount?

Tinnmel

• Sr. Member - cooked it, smoked it, grilled it, ate it and knows what's what.
  • Portsmouth, VA
« Reply #8 on: 01/02/13 23:54:46 »
That discount was a special offer for forum members for 2012.  Unfortunately it has expired.  Maybe they'll be kind enough to offer us a special deal again this year.