Author Topic: More Burgers in the Big Easy  (Read 3408 times)

MartyFly

• Full Member - grills & smokes like someone who knows what they are doin.
More Burgers in the Big Easy
« on: 10/05/09 17:07:22 »
Yes. I might have to turn down the image setting on the camera.

But I did recheck my burger basket and I did get it to fit. Looks like burgers on the Big Easy for dinner tonight!

Any tips, TMB?
(1)Char-Griller Super Pro Horizontal Smoker W/SFB
(1)Weber Kettle
(1)Weber Smokey Joe
(1)Big Easy
(1)Masterbuilt Smokehouse
(2)Adjust-a-grill for camping (if we are counting)
(1)Increasing interest in art of true BBQ

TMB

« Reply #1 on: 10/05/09 17:18:05 »
Yes, after you pat them out lightly spray with pam so they won't stick to the basket.  Do not put the top on to tight or you gonna have a problem getting them out.  Do you have a ring yet?  If not the lower burger will be a little more pink then the top ones.

It will take about 25 mins to get them to about 150 internal temp, so it's up to you on when to pull them. It's not as fast as a charcoal grill but your burgers will be very juicy not dried out.   

Let me know how they do, it took me a few times to get them righ so don't be in a rush to pull them. As CB would say their done when their done.   

One thing to keep in mind- If you use a gas grill or charcoal you have to heat them up, TBE you drop them in and start it. TBE is faster to me and the burgers taste better (but hey that's just me)
« Last Edit: 10/05/09 17:20:55 by TMB »

TMB

« Reply #2 on: 10/05/09 17:48:43 »
I can cook 9  at a time if there not real big, 6 is the norm for the size I make.  It's not many I know, like the ribs you can only doe so much at one time but that's why I need more units to cook with when I enter a competition.  I used 3 Big Easy's and was able to cook 5 racks of ribs in just a few hrs. I used a food holder to keep the other ribs warm while I cooked the last to racks.

As far as frozen ribs I think I know how I will do it, but it will take me some time to try them. I will let y'all know how they do.
 Frozen ribs just might work, just give me a little time to get them going.   

Like I said before I love a challenge.  ;D

MartyFly

Re: More Burgers in the Big Easy
« Reply #3 on: 10/05/09 20:23:08 »
I cook with charcoal grill so therefore,
20 mins to get coals ready to grill
20 mins or so to cook burgers
40 to 45 mins

TBE - 23 mins start to finish

I took some advice from another post and stuffed the burgers with shredded cheddar cheese.  Into the TBE until I saw cheese beginning to ooze out.  23 mins.  Meat thermometer 160. Done thru cheese still inside too!

Tommorrow I try pics.
(1)Weber Kettle
(1)Weber Smokey Joe
(1)Big Easy

Barry

« Reply #4 on: 10/05/09 20:35:47 »
I would be remiss if I didn't post a link to this at this point of the conversation:

http://forums.charbroil.com/index.php?topic=840.msg6175;topicseen#msg6175

TMB

« Reply #5 on: 10/05/09 20:54:22 »
I cook with charcoal grill so therefore,
20 mins to get coals ready to grill
20 mins or so to cook burgers
40 to 45 mins

TBE - 23 mins start to finish

I took some advice from another post and stuffed the burgers with shredded cheddar cheese.  Into the TBE until I saw cheese beginning to ooze out.  23 mins.  Meat thermometer 160. Done thru cheese still inside too!

Tommorrow I try pics.

Well how were they???

Mike Smith

« Reply #6 on: 10/06/09 06:49:39 »
As Tommy knows, I am a big TBE fan. But for ease, my 4 burner Big Red is hard to beat for burgers. I make 8 oz burgers, put the grill on high (sometimes I forget to turn it down from the clean setting) 4 minutes per side, one flip, then off the grill onto a platter and add the cheese, cover with foil, set the table, and it is ready!  Usually gives a medium center every time. I usually don't take the temp on burgers, but the pink center has just vanished, which to me is perfect and juicy for my crew. That is pretty easy. I just have to take the cover off the grill. For TBE, I have to get it out and set it up, so that is a little longer.

MartyFly

« Reply #7 on: 10/06/09 16:15:46 »
I gotta admit, and my wife will testify to it, they were the best darned burgers I've had.  I love the little char crust that you get when you cook with this thing.  I just sprinkled a little McCormick's Hamburger seasoning on and sprayed with Pam to keep from sticking.  Sprayed the grill basket too.

http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=439232025/a=694333025_694333025/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

As you can see they were pretty good size.  My wife brought home 1.25 lbs. of ground chuck and I used every bit of it.  She also brought home a whole chicken, which I brined last night with Mr. Jig's brining recipe that CB put on the Sizzle.  I have never brined anything before, so I am really anxious to see how it will turn out. I will report on that over the next couple of days on the CHICKEN blog.

She also brought home a mess of wings and a pineapple.  The pineapple is going into the pot tonight too.  Practice for cooking one for friends this weekend.  Will probably do a turkey on Saturday.  That will be posted in the TURKEY blog..

(1)Weber Kettle
(1)Weber Smokey Joe
(1)Big Easy

TMB

« Reply #8 on: 10/06/09 17:06:58 »
If you thought the burgers were good try a sirloin roast.  See coffee brined roast in TBE recipes I did a while back. It will knock you socks off.